We're friends, right? Because I totally failed and that makes me feel like I am failing you guys right now and I'm about to confess something that's really embarrassing. I totally, totally screwed the pooch by adding those pockets to the Marie skirt. DO NOT ADD THE POCKETS TO THE MARIE SKIRT!
Ugh, it was a monumental fail, and it made me flip my shit. I was at Defcon 1, and then my stupid piece of shit Black & Decker iron took a huge dump and quit working. It was like that part in The Little Mermaid when Ursula's the pretty bride, but then Ariel comes to save Eric and Ursula octopus-bursts out of the wedding gown with lightning shooting from her fingertips and slithers across the deck of the boat and takes Ariel back out to sea. I was just like that you guys. Only Ariel was played by my husband and daughter and they were like, "What's going on? It's just a skirt! We love you. How can we help?" and I was like, "I will destroy yooooooooou!"
Long story short, I took out the pockets. If you've added pockets, and I hope you didn't, all you have to do is cut the right pocket off and sew up the side seam. That's all I did and it worked relatively well. Unfortunately because my fabric is such a loose weave, all the handling warped it just a touch, so I've had to finagle it a little.
Doubly unfortunately? I spent all pinche day yesterday sewing and photographing something that ended up being completely useless, so the tute will be delayed a wee bit. I promised my daughter that we'd spend today just hanging out because I thought I'd be able to get everything done yesterday. Since I wasn't, the skirt will need to wait a little longer. I'm really sorry guys, but I know how lovely you all are and I'm sure you understand.
Anyway, here's the other Marie skirt I made, sans pockets but with lining. It's totally sweet, and my even sweeter (and really amazingly talented photographer) daughter took this. It's made out of the bedsheet I showed you.
Hoping you're all having no issues with your skirts....